Hearty Butternut Squash Soup
Yall this recipe for butternut squash is so good you'll never go back to eating it the creamy way again. I don't care much for the creamy soup that most folks make out of this. This is a hearty, healthy version I put together.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 stalk celery chopped
- 5 large carrots chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Stalk Cilantro chopped
- 1 large butternut squash – peeled seeded, and cubed
- 1 48 fluid ounce container chicken stock
- 1 large jalapeno diced
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- Transfer 2 cups of soup to a blender, and blend until smooth. Return to pot, and mix in any remaining stock to attain desired consistency. Season as desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!